Last month we have discovered a very COOL site where you can buy makeup, accessories, makeup tools, nail polishes, all those goodies that fall under the beauty umbrella for 1$ USD. Yes, 1 DOLLARRR! So basically, around 1,30$ CAD. And also we call it a double haul because we both purchased things separately from ShopMissA. We have already tried out a few things and we will leave our review on different posts, so stay tuned!
Before starting off talking about the things we bought, here are some of our thoughts on general points:
- Other than E.L.F, other brands sold on the website fall mostly into the indie category, which we are very supportive of. Some products are cruelty-free which is very nice!
- When you receive the package from the mail, you can actually feel that your order is packaged with LOVE. Normally when you get a package from, say Sephora, your products will be packed all together in a box with bubble wrapping. At ShopMissA, they will actually pack all the loose/individual products in a little bag, place your products wisely, like in a Tetris game, and wrap your whole package tightly with a bubble wrap, a layer of foam, an orange gift paper wrapping with their logo sticker to secure everything, and mailed inside a orange plastic parcel with their logo printed on it.
- In addition to all the care and love that is put into your package, it comes with an almost personal thank you note! How adorable is that?!
- There’s quite a lot of items that are out of stock and still listed on their site. Obviously, we were both disappointed as we shopped through the site because most of the things we wanted were out of stock and we only found out when we hovered on the images.
- Be quick! The product goes out of stock easily, so make sure to not shop for a few days before you place the order (Melissa does that), or else you risk to lose your saved items. It’s happened to all of us… 😦
Overall, there’s more positives than negatives from our shopping experience. We recommend shopping from Shop Miss A if you want to try new companies that are really affordable.