MAC is one of those makeup brands that makes great products in beautiful packaging and you simply can’t buy anything if you enter the store. I’ve had the opportunity to experiment with a good share of MAC products throughout the past years, and there’s quite a few products that I like (a lot). As it happens, I needed to stock up on a few of my favourite items, so this post is not only a haul, but I’ll also reveal a few of my not-so-secret favourites from the Canadian brand, and a few secrets about my personal appreciation of the brand.
Let’s start with the haul! I purchased: Studio Fix powder foundation in NW22, Mineralize Skinfinish powder in “Medium”, Prep+Prime lip primer, Face and Body foundation in N2, Waterweight SPF30 Foundation in NC35, Pro Longwear Lip Pencils in “More to love” + “In anticipation” + “Oh honey!”, and Eye Shadow X15 in “Warm Neutral”.
Now, the must haves:
- The Pro Longwear Lip Pencils. These are WAY underrated: they are very long-wear and are so pigmented that I sometimes wear them alone as a lipstick!
- The Waterweight Foundation. BY FAR my favourite foundation from MAC: I always recommend it to someone who doesn’t like to wear a lot of makeup yet wants some coverage. It has a super natural finish and leaves the skin looking flawless.
- The Face & Body Foundation. Can be worn alone for a barely-there coverage, or mixed with any foundation to create a sheerer finish.
- Eyeshadow Palette X15 in “Warm Neutral”. Very versatile palette, and it looks great on all skin tones! It can be used to create a softer look and a shimmery smokey eye.
- Mineralize Skinfinish powder in “Medium”. This finishing powder has such a soft and delicate texture! It sets any foundation without leaving a ‘powdery’ finish. If you choose one that’s a few shades darker than your skin tone, it is a perfect bronzer!
And finally, my MAC ‘secrets’:
-the pro long wear lip pencils are SO MUCH better than the regular ones! Better texture, more pigmentation, and by far more long-wear. A must!
–lipsticks are fantastic, but the Retro Matte ones (the dryest texture in the bullet lipsticks) are way too dry to be applied directly from the bullet I find…
-a lot of people wear the Studio Fix liquid foundation (the one with the highest coverage at MAC) but it is not right for their skin type and/or they don’t need that much coverage. It is a mattifying foundation, so it’s perfect for normal to oily skin, but it will dry your skin if it is dry or combination. And, TBH the foundation smells bad…
-new to makeup or looking to improve your makeup stash? Invest in a large palette (the X15 ones): they are priced at 85CAN$ but each individual eyeshadow is worth 19$. I’ll let you do the math 😉
-the best powder to set your foundation with the most natural finish is by far the Mineralize Skinfinish powder. Thank me later!