Time for June’s Boxycharm!
This box wasn’t planned (talking like it was an accident), well sort-of. May’s was supposed to be my last box but since I kind of forgot to unsubscribe at the end of the month, when I remembered to cancel it I started considering to maybe keep it for another 3 months. It’s actually a great subscription box but by the end of 6 boxes, I think I will have enough makeup for 6 other girls!
So this month’s box…
I wasn’t as impressed as the last one, to be honest. One thing’s for sure, I am super happy to get the Realher’s Playbook eyeshadow palette I – Be your own kind of beauty. It was the highlight of the box for me.
- Realher’s no.1 Playbook eyeshadow palette, $28.00: You either get palette number 1, 2 or 3. The no.1 is a very neutral brown palette. It carries a lot of shimmer shadows and 2 satin finish (Strong & Smart). You can do a lot of smoky looks with this one. The pigmentation is ok to good. Not extremely good, but good. The first row of lighter colours (Fine, Fabulous and Fun) are not that pigmented, it’s only pure shimmers. The other six are really nice especially the satin ones. In all honesty, I wished I got the no.2, a palette with burnt colours.
- Artist Couture’s Diamond Glow Powder, $26.99: Shine bright like a diamond? Ok, I am starting to have too many highlighters. Getting one in every box! This one is a loose powder form highlighter with gold campaign colour. Even if it’s finely milled, the shimmer is prominent and soft at the same time. This is more of an intense look. Will definitely look awesome in photography!
- Luxie Beauty’s Rose Gold Pro Precision Tapered Face Brush 640, $24.00: We get quite a bit of brushes from Luxie with Boxycharm, but they make good brushes! Can’t complain. After getting multiple highlighters lately, I was thinking to get a tapered brush for highlight applications but Boxycharm saved me some money and sent this one this month! When I got it, the bristles were bent due to the box being too small. But don’t worry, just wash it and let it dry, things will go back to normal. The bristles are a little too long for my taste, where I lose a bit of control when applying highlighter but at the same time, they help to have a diffused look.
- Ofra’s Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in Santa Ana, $19.90: I’m actually so done with liquid lipstick but still got one in the box. Can’t complain because it’s actually a pretty good liquid lipstick. It’s pigmented, very light weight, not dry looking. The only downside, when you eat, you will have a butt hole look. So be careful! I just wished they sent a nude colour rather than a rose colour because it’s not something I would use every day but only for special occasions. And you also get a 30% (code Boxy30) on Ofra’s website.
- Biodelle Cosmetics’s 3 sheet marks, $14.97: Let me comment on the packaging… They need to work on that… a little bit. At first glance, it makes me think of those “sketchy” Asian knock-off sheet masks. I haven’t tried them yet as I am writing this post but you get one for moisturizing, natural glow and a primer before makeup mask. They are parabens free, gluten free (what, do people even eat masks?) and no GMO’s.
Boxycharm June 2017 makeup look: Smoky purple sultry eyelook 😉