It seems like summer has finally arrived in Montreal after countless days (and nights) of rain. I hope that the nice weather stays for a while, but I’m already excited for September and its cool nights, sunny afternoons, and never too hot or too cold weather. What can I say, I am an autumn girl at heart!
In honour of the nice weather, I created a SUPER easy makeup look for those insanely hot and sticky summer days. It’s also a look that can be worn for any occasion and will look fabulous on anyone who likes to be a little daring with their makeup!
And in case you were wondering: yes, I was extra enough to match my eyeliner to my nails ❤ This blue polish has been my summer favourite for 2 years straight (here is the proof!)
For this look, you will need:
- a very sheer foundation, such as a BB cream. Use a product that has an SPF if you will be going out in the sun (or wear sunscreen under your foundation).
- a colourful eyeliner. I chose a blue one because it’s a beautiful colour and I particularly love it in the summer. I also think it makes my brown eyes pop! For this look, I am wearing Tarte’s clay pot in “cobalt”.
- a subtle blush that makes your skin look glowy and healthy. I always recommend peachy tones for that effect. For this look, I am wearing Sephora’s Colorful blush in “Sweet on you!”.
- your favourite highlight.
- a sheer lipstick with a subtle hint of colour, preferably close to your natural lip colour and/or in the same shade as your blush. For this look, I am wearing Nars’ Dolce Vita.
- a hint of mascara;
- fill in your brows in the most natural manner;
- no eyeshadows, except for a little highlight on the browbone;
- and voilà! Your super easy summer heat-proof makeup is complete!
The focus of this makeup is on the eyes, with the colourful eyeliner, but the healthy-looking skin is also very important for this look so don’t be afraid to use bronzer, highlight, and blush!
I hope you enjoyed this super easy makeup look that you can customize as you wish! Let me know if you recreate something similar: I would love to see your take on this look! ❤